Now that iOS10 adoption rates have climbed to 65%, it’s time to start investing in Rich Push. Consider the following:
- A picture is worth 1000 words. In a sea of media-rich push notifications, your text-heavy push will drown. Plus? Your app will appear old school and out of touch with new technology.
- App engagement outside the app. Rich push enables you to engage with your users outside of the app, making it much easier to connect with them. For example, a news app can send you an article directly to your home screen or you can text your sister about Santa Claus right within the notification:
Our prediction is that we will see app engagement increase in a big way for those apps who utilize rich push and do it right.
What does right look like in terms of a rich push?
- Choosing imagery and copy that aligns with your brand voice and tone
- Relying on audience segmentation and user behavior to ensure your push is relevant to the user
- Continually A/B testing and measuring for KPIs to optimize your strategy
Want to learn more about how to do rich push right? Check out our blog.
Apps are meant to simplify life and rich push takes this ability to the next level by allowing users to complete tasks from their home screen. Expect big things from rich push in 2017. It’s changing the very way we engage with apps; and that’s ok. Innovation is a good thing.